Tårnåsen school – The school in the forest is looking for two teachers for the school year 2022-2023.
Tårnåsen school is a primary school with 600 pupils and around 80 staff. The management at the school consists of the headmaster, two teaching inspectors and the after-school leader. The school has a large preschool with approximately 260 students.
Our new vision is in line with Fagfornyelsen: “Life mastery through exploratory and inclusive learning”. The values should characterize the school’s operation and be a compass in the education of the pupils. The values should also equip students for the future. The pupils will encounter a diverse society, and it is important to develop openness, robustness and joy of learning. The school also has a spotlight on the school environment, attendance work and standards for good training in the professional community.
Inclusive communities, both socially and academically, are important. The school has nice teaching rooms, all classrooms have interactive whiteboards and the school works purposefully and systematically to develop professional digital competence. The school is ideally located by Grønliåsen and from next school year will work even more in alternative learning arenas than just in the classroom. The school also houses the welcome class, which provides training to newly arrived pupils of primary school age.
After-school education is an important experience arena for the youngest pupils, and the school is working to include after-school education as an equal alternative learning arena where students can test and experience learning within a safe framework.
One position is a permanent 100% position, the other a temporary position
- plan, implement and evaluate the students’ training
- take part in professional collaboration and contribute to the professional community.
- ensure a safe, good and inclusive learning environment
- have contact teacher responsibility
- contribute to good cooperation with parents and other professional bodies
If you cannot work in a 100% position, you must state the percentage of position in which you can work.
- approved pedagogical education for teaching in grades 1–7. steps
- experience from and practices inclusive education
- understanding that some students have special needs that require extra accommodation
- good knowledge of Norwegian, written and spoken
- teaching skills in music, English and science
- You are engaged and positive, and have an interest in working with students
- You are a clear teacher and a good role model for the students
- You are good at building relationships with children, listening and seeing their needs
- You take responsibility and lead the training in a structured and predictable manner
- You are flexible and like to work with others
- You are professional, responsive and trust-inspiring in meetings with the guardians
As a teacher in Nordre Follo, you become part of a strong professional community, where you get support from the school’s own
resource team, the municipalities’ school environment team, ICT network, reading and writing advisers and other skilled partners. We focus on competence development, either together with skilled and committed colleagues, or as further education at colleges or universities.
- A pleasant workplace and a good working environment
- Competent, committed teachers with ambitions for the students
- A diversity of students with an active parent group
- An inclusive management group where each individual can contribute with their expertise and qualifications
- The municipality’s management development program – Salary and working conditions in accordance with legislation and agreements
About the employer
Nordre Follo municipality was established on 1 January 2020 and consists of the two former municipalities Oppegård and Ski. The new municipality has around 60,000 inhabitants. It is expected to rise to close to 80,000 in 2040. The Follobanen, with the development of double track Oslo-Ski, is an important element in the growth and will be completed in December 2022. The new municipality will be a powerhouse in the region, with Ski as the municipal centre.
Nordre Follo municipality has ambitions to be the country’s best growing up municipality and to be at the forefront of innovation in health and care services.
SectorPublicNumber of positions2PlaceGjallarveien 25, 1413 TårnåsenIndustryOtherPosition functionTeaching and pedagogy / General teacher/contact teacher
School, teaching, training