The Customer Support Engineer (or “Field Service Engineer”) performs basic/ routine customer support activities, such as installation, modification, repair and preventive maintenance of Azentas equipment and systems at customer sites. He/ she is responsible for solving customer problems at the respective customer location/ region with the necessary discretion and good judgment.
You will have the opportunity to work with exciting technology, such as warehouse robots/ robotic systems/ linear robot systems, especially in cold environments. Furthermore you will be responsible for a great variety of other life sciences tools: from sealers to piercers to cryogenic systems and pneumatics.
What you will do
- Install, modify, repair, conduct preventive diagnosis and perform maintenance on the software and hardware of the equipment and systems.
- Interface with customers to ensure contract Service Level Agreements
- Perform service and operational certification for equipment and systems.
- Submit reports, such as Service and Status Reports, on all support activities as defined and required.
- Productively react to changing priorities such as Tool or Line down and escalations.
- Support organizational and administrative duties.
- Adopt “Proof of Concept” for both customer and internal Azenta Management
- Provide system performance summaries about number of system events (weekly, monthly, and rolling), issue pareto analysis, and root cause / corrective actions.
- Assist with sample migration (initial transfer from old format to new format and load into customer Store)
What you should bring
- Associate of Science (AS) degree, technical certificate or equivalent.
- Strong Electrical & Mechanical background.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause of an outage.
- Personal strengths:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface effectively with customers and peers.
- Ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- make independent decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record
- Proficient with use of a PC, Windows, and DOS based Operating Systems. Oracle experience highly beneficial.
- Readiness for frequent travel nationally and internationally, also on short notice
- Readiness to be on-call occasionally or work on holidays or weekends.
- Ability to work in cold environments, awkward positions and in confined spaces.
- Preferably living in the regional area of Northern France.
- International flair in a matrix organized global group.
- Company Car or Car Allowance.
- Home Office Allowance.
- Company Pension & Life Insurance.
- 30 days vacation.
GENEWIZ France Ltd
Constanze Obst, Talent Acquisition
eMail: [email protected]
To apply for this role, please follow the applicant link and create your applicant profile in a few simple steps. Please have your attachments ready for this (cover letter, CV, certificates or references if applicable).
Advice: Upload both cover letter and resume under the “CV” section.
At Azenta, formerly Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry’s top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.