EmployerThales Norway ASJob titleSystem EngineerFrist02.08.2022Form of employmentFastGet to know Thales Norway AS
We have an increasing number of assignments and are looking for more skilled System Engineers.
In the position of System Engineer, you will work within Thale’s own communication products for the defense sector. Our voice communication products protect vital security interests nationally and internationally.
Thales has well-established processes and methods for development, as well as modern tools and development environments. Our systems engineers work closely with both developers and testers. We have vacancies within our voice communication products.
Responsibilities and key tasks:
- Understand customer requirements and needs, and break down requirements for system design
- Contribute to concept and system design including modeling
- Write technical system documentation
- Communication with hardware and software developers for implementation of system design
- Participation in studies commissioned by our customers
In the position, there is the possibility of technical product responsibility.
Qualifications and characteristics:
- You have good technical competence and the ability to familiarize yourself with solutions at a technically detailed level
- It is an advantage if you have experience from – and understanding of software development
- Relevant higher technical education, minimum Bachelor and preferably Master
- Good written and oral presentation skills in Norwegian and English
We are looking for you with 3-5 years of experience, which is system-oriented with an understanding of software development, and with the ability to sew ideas together into a concept.
You will participate in projects from idea to delivery, which means that you will take the concept from idea further via software implementation and to finished delivery. You will be part of a team that realizes real-time services on various communication platforms (5G, 4G, Wifi, fiber, radio, etc.).
Experience from some of these areas is desirable:
- Recent real-time services (VoIP / video / chat / short messaging services)
- Newer communication technology including various communication protocols
- Requirements management via tools (DOORS etc.)
- Modeling / UML / decomposition
To be a current candidate for the position, you must be a Norwegian citizen, and you must be able to be cleared and authorized for level SECRET and NATO SECRET with special instructions from the National Security Authority.
- An exciting workday where your competence contribution is valued and used
- An interesting and exciting position in a company in constant development
- Professional and personal development in a high-tech environment
- Competitive conditions with good pension and insurance schemes
- Social gatherings and nice colleagues
- Active corporate sports team
- Workplace in central Oslo
About the employer
Thales Norway AS is a competence-driven company with an internationally recognized professional environment within secure military communication. We are a supplier of world-leading solutions in encryption and communication to national and international defense customers. We have been chosen as a strategic partner for the Norwegian Armed Forces and are the sole supplier of high-grade crypto solutions to NATO. In Norway, Thales has over 100 years of history with high-tech development, and today we have just under 200 employees.
Thales Norway AS is part of the Thales Group, which employs well over 80,000 employees worldwide in 68 countries. Thales is one of the world’s largest suppliers of critical systems for defense, aviation, aerospace, transport and social security, and our products and systems help secure people, infrastructure and nations.
For more information about Thales: www.thalesgroup.com and www.thales.noSectorPrivateLocationRare 1, 0150 OsloIndustryDefense and military,IT,IT softwarePosition functionEngineer,IT development / Developer (general)
System Engineer, Software, communication technology, voice communication, system design