Contingency and self-directed work Cable, Statnett, Oslo
Org. no: – Job ID: 4466490038 Presentation of the job:
Statnett owns and operates the central power system and helps to bind Norway together. Every summer we offer summer jobs to students and young people.
A summer job with us provides a unique experience and insight into the Norwegian power system, and can be a great gateway for further careers with us. We look for students with different study backgrounds, but just as important as what you are is who you are. We see post-development-oriented students with commitment and motivation. It is also important to us that you can identify with our values; community, respect and longevity.
- Maintain and further develop content in the GIS database for submarine cable systems with the main emphasis on processing raster data.
- Last year’s students engineering / engineering geomatics, geodesy, mapping, GIS systems. Preferably experience from cartographic work assignments.
- Knowledge and experience with GIS map systems
- Statnett has chosen GIS solutions based on the products from ESRI. ArcGIS is the tool used in such processing, structuring and facilitation of map data. We see it as an advantage if the summer substitutes have knowledge and some experience with ArcGIS, and that this is at such a level that the candidates can carry out independent work tasks.
- We are looking for people with good collaboration skills who can work in a structured way, both independently and in teams.
- Statnett is interested in contributing to increased competence in geographical information systems and wants to be an inspiration and, if possible, a springboard for students and recent graduates into a future-oriented and exciting field.
Bård Hornslien, Senior Engineer, 91798344
Nydalen allé 33
Apply for the position: Click here
Reference no .: 4466490038 Job
Start date: 15.06.2022
End date: 12.08.2022
Application deadline: 31.01.2022