7.5T- Home Delivery Drivers
Type of contract: PERMANENT ROLE
Location: WN3 6BB
Salary: £24,536 per annum
Shifts: Any 4 out of 6 – (48-hour week) 4 shifts between Monday & Saturday – No Sunday working
(W2- Mon/Tues and Fri/Sat)
Our client a large national multisite logistics business who provide supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world’s most admired brands.
They are looking for 7.5 Tonne delivery drivers to join their home delivery team based out of their Wigan operation. In this role you will work in a two-person team crew to deliver a first-class home delivery service.
We are looking for people who possess a passion for delivering customer satisfaction, have a positive attitude and are willing to go the extra mile in order to give customers a memorable experience. You will be required to deliver furniture directly to customers and construct items within the customer’s home.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation/fitting of their furniture.
- Construct furniture items in customer’s homes as per our customer contract guidelines, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal.
- Ensure first class customer service is always experienced.
- Complete all internal stock transfers in order to maximise vehicle utilisation.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey.
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation.
- Ensure correct completion of tachographs in line with legislative and company policy/procedural requirements (full training provided)
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure.
- Drive the 7.5t vehicle in a safe manner, adhering to road traffic regulations.
- Ensure the vehicle is always appropriately secured.
- Report any discrepancies to the Transport Supervisor as soon as they are identified.
- A DBS check will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.
Experience & Qualifications:
- MUST hold a valid in date 7.5tonne licence
- MUST hold a valid in date CPC Card.
- MUST hold a Digital Tachograph card
- Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling customers face to face and over the phone.
- Exceptional time management, working to tight deadlines Previous work experience in assembly or fitting operations would be beneficial but not essential.
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations such as accidents or traffic jams.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask to make up for lost time in the event of delays in delivery.
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail.
- A great team player
- Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. This includes safely carrying and assembling furniture in customer’s homes It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable to carry out this nature of work.
Our client really values their people and offer
– friendly working environment
– focus on developing your skills
– competitive starting salary with time and one half as overtime
– full uniform
– work mobile phone
– safety equipment
- Contact: Kaylie Hunt
- Reference: Totaljobs/KH-40-1
- Job ID: 96011507