o you want to help influence the work environment culture in NCC in a positive direction? Can you get your colleagues on board so they understand the importance of a safe and secure work environment?
So come and bring your knowledge of the working environment within construction work into play, when you, together with the rest of the organization and external partner, see the damage before it happens, and prepare preventive actions that improve the working environment both, before, during and after a project.
NCC is a value-based company where the core values are honesty, trust and respect. As a construction company, we help to create the framework for the society of the future, and we place emphasis on developing and building responsibly, environmentally consciously and with a focus on people. We give high priority to safety and quality, and we want to attract, develop and retain the industry’s most competent employees. There are high expectations for a company of our size and reputation, and it can easily be combined with the fact that it must be fun and informal to go to work, and therefore we also have ongoing social events – both in the department and across projects. You can see more about us at www.ncc.dk
About the role
You will have the role of the coordinating work environment consultant in our organization related to Hercules Foundation’s projects, where you support that the work environment activities are planned, implemented and quality assured. You will be part of a relatively newly started department with a total of 4 colleagues. The department’s overall goal is to create a culture of improvement around a safe working environment. Here you get a big role in driving and describing the change in the processes. You will support the organization with security issues on projects (before, during and after). Therefore, you are typically out on our larger and smaller construction sites, spread across the country, several times a week.
At NCC, we are able to handle projects of a size where not everyone can keep up. It is to your advantage because it gives you the opportunity to develop. You report directly to the department head for quality, environment and working environment.
Tasks / responsibilities
- Pattern rounds, environmental rounds and manager safety walks on construction sites together with the management
- Cooperation with various authorities, eg the Danish Working Environment Authority and road authorities
- Meetings with the client about collaboration and communication
- Implementation and instruction of your colleagues in our management and registration and collection system – Synergy
- Undertake extraction of data and quality assure these for use in statistical material
- Be a visible and accessible consultant
- Categorization of accidents and near-incidents – ensuring that these are described correctly, cf. legislation in the area, just as you are also responsible for the follow-up. Including the course of events, causal analyzes and report writing, which will subsequently create a basis for focus areas.
- Communicate relevant work environment legislation to the rest of the organization and act as secretary in our Work Environment Organization
- Attend coordination meetings with your team as well as safety and production meetings
- Contribute to procedure and method descriptions
- Facilitation of APV
- Through relationship building in the organization, you must challenge and coach managers / employees to achieve improved results through work environment efforts
- Ensure and facilitate professional problem solving in collaboration with those involved when required
- You are a strong communicator with experience from the work environment – you can, however, also come with a contract or project manager background with interest from the work environment, preferably combined with a craft background. If you have experience as a work environment representative or have been part of a work environment organization, it could also be interesting
- You have several years of experience from the construction industry – in other words, you know how to move on a construction site
- You thrive on being able to plan your own work day
- You are independent and distinctly proactive
It is necessary that – “Safety First” is part of your DNA and is generally considered in everything you do
- You have a relevant work environment education
- You are a distinct people manager – and a sought-after partner
- You have impact and are able to deliver a message precisely in an inclusive way
- You are goal-oriented and result-oriented
- You are honest, direct and have the power to create change through your behavior
- You are used to close customer contact
- You are a trusting and honest person who achieves respect through your professionalism and contributes to our social life
- You are mobile and show great flexibility
- You support NCC’s overall goals and action plans
- You are a proactive and systematic / practical problem solver and base your choices on facts
- You are good at spotting areas for improvement and implementing improvements
We look forward to welcoming you to the team and, in the first instance, to reading your application and CV. We offer you a salary package that meets our expectations for your level of competence and experience.
Application and contact
If you are interested in the position, please send your application and your CV via the link below. We hold regular interviews with suitable candidates for the position, as it must be filled as soon as possible. The position can therefore potentially be filled before the application deadline expires – however, we are happy to wait for the right candidate. NOTE: Unfortunately, we can not handle applications sent by regular mail, so please use the APPLY link in the job posting. If you have questions about the position, you can contact Dorthe Majbrit Bonnicksen from DeZignated ApS on telephone +45 2715 4303, who handles the collaboration with NCC in the recruitment process. We look forward to hearing from you.