et’s help build your future by finding a home for your talent!
Our housebuilding business operates across 13 regional offices, which are currently developing around 200 sites across England. The design and construction blend tradition and innovation, creating homes and developments with contemporary living standards. Our product range includes one-bedroom apartments through to larger five-bedroom family homes.
In a Nutshell:
We have a great opportunity for Quantity Surveyor to join our team within Vistry Housebuilding Kent, at our Kings Hill, Kent office. As our Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for managing all costs relating to New Build Residential Developments. You will focus to minimise the costs of a project and enhance margin and value for money, whilst still achieving the required standards and quality.
Whether you are a current Quantity Surveyor or an Assistant Surveyor that is looking for more responsibility, we are looking for all levels of Surveyor so please get in contact for more information.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities –
- Collating and issuing tender packs for sub-contractor work packages
- Negotiation and Analysis of Sub contractor tender returns
- Producing tender analysis for subcontract work packages
- Completion of Subcontract orders and variations
- Subcontract payments, variations, and final accounts
- Completing Monthly CVRs and cost reporting
- Cost reporting and budget control
- Attending site project meetings
- Responsible for project lead with HA, including prepare and issue monthly HA valuations, cash flow forecasts, key date trackers
- HNC in Surveying or Construction
- Experience of working within the Construction industry for a residential housing developer, specifically on new build developments
- Excellent IT, analytical and communication skills
- Strong mathematical ability
- Ability to assess and analyse information
- Good business sense
- Good understanding of budget management
- Negotiating and networking skills
- COINs user experience
- Able to work within a busy team and under pressure
- Good team working skills
- Accurate with an eye for detail
- A methodical approach
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it
- HND or higher qualification
- National House builder experience
- Different methods of construction i.e. Timber Frame
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Homes is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance (role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Let’s tell you a bit more about us…
Vistry Group came together at the start of 2020, bringing together the energy, talent and deep-rooted experience of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships. With a wide range of skills, experience and backgrounds – we have come together to live our values of Integrity, Caring and Quality.
We are all about people, and it is our people, around 3000 of us, who have created a UK top-five housebuilder, with a five-star rating. We care about the wellbeing of our people and we value diversity and inclusion, seeking to create a supportive, dynamic environment where talented and dedicated people can develop their career.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group – we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us – we will always be happy to help.
- Contact: Lee Packer
- Reference: Totaljobs/2021-2159
- Job ID: 95842278